Jul 11 2018

Veterans owed refunds for overpayments

By GCOCPA Administrator No Comments

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today is advising certain veterans who received disability severance payments after January 17, 1991, and included that payment as income that they should file Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, to claim a credit or refund of the overpayment attributable to the disability severance payment.

Read More

Recent Posts

Taxpayers can monitor their IRS information online
Treasury, IRS issue proposed regulations on new 100 percent depreciation deduction
What taxpayers should know about amending a tax return

Match all words
Match any words
Tag Cloud